All six continental confederations agree that a 2022 FIFA World Cup should be held in November or December, according to an official statement from FIFA following a meeting today in Doha.
Here is a summary of FIFA’s Official Statement:
– FIFA’s Task Force for the International match calendar 2018-24 met in Doha today and recommended that the 2022 FIFA World Cup should take place in late November or late December.
– A reduced competition days schedule was also proposed by the task force
– It was the Task Force’s third meeting following a six month consultation process.
– All six continental confederations fully support the proposed dates.
– The Task Force’s proposal will be discussed during the next meeting of the FIFA Executive Committee, scheduled to take place in Zurich on 19 and 20 March 2015.
– The FIFA Confederations Cup 2021 might be staged in another AFC country during the traditional June/July window.
– The FIFA Club World Cup – could be relocated to Qatar to serve as the operational test event for Qatar in November/December 2021.
– The three task force meetings was attended by representatives of the football community at confederation, member association, league and club level as well as representatives of FIFPro, the ECA, the EPFL, the CEO of the 2022 FIFA World Cup